compensation: Competitive pay based on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Coastal Inc. is hiring for a FINANCE MANAGER to join their business in Cumberland, ME. Coastal, Inc. is a multifaceted organization that owns and manages multiple closely held businesses. This includes Coastal Landscaping and New England Specialty Stone (NESS), both in Cumberland, ME. Coastal Landscaping assists its clients with everything from design to construction and property maintenance. NESS is a retail business offering an assortment of stone products and helpful supplies to inspire and add style to outside spaces. Founded in the Greater Portland area in 1990, Coastal Inc. has been continually evolving and growing over the years and has become a versatile and reputable resource in this region.
FINANCE MANAGER JOB SUMMARY:
This position will report to the Owner/CEO and will oversee and lead the financial and accounting responsibility for multiple businesses under Coastal, Inc. This position offers a flexible schedule (30-40 hours per week, Monday-Friday) and will be based in the Cumberland, ME office/location.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensure accuracy of
• Uncover areas for improvement within the accounting and bookkeeping function and implement new process
• Ensure expenses are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Manage accounts payable and receivable process, record payroll in general ledger and perform account
• Completing monthly and year-end journal entries and monthly reporting
• Ongoing analysis of business expenses, equipment, inventory, and accounts to support management’s decision
making and better understand return on investment (ROI) for multiple business functions
• Evaluate and improve the job costing and the billing processes and suggesting and implementing
improvements to become more automated and consistent
• Create an efficient and consistent process for the internal Point Of Sale (POS) system to collaborate
effectively with the accounting systems and software.
• Set objectives for the accounts payables team that align with the Finance Department’s goals
• Assure timely and accurate disbursement to vendors and ensure invoices are coded and processed accurately
• Oversee vendor accounts, including communicating with new vendors to set up account information,
responding to payment questions, and managing vendor details
• Maintain prepaid expenses, reconcile and prepare 1099s and prepare budgets
• Continuously monitor, evaluate, and organize business insurance policies
• Complete additional financial projects and duties as assigned and performs other duties as assigned or
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting or related areas is preferred
• 5-10 years of experience in an Accounting or Finance position is required
• Experience working in an organization with multiple companies is preferred
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks is required
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues appropriately
No Recruiters or Phone Calls Please
Coastal Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers