We are just adding the finishing touches on a top-to-bottom 2 bedroom/1 bath re-designed/remodeled apartment in the upper historic Sand Hill area of Augusta - the first house off Northern Avenue with an empty lot buffer between Northern Ave and the apartment. Great location!
EVERYTHING is new - from the wiring and plumbing to the windows and hardwood floors - this apartment has been lovingly restored by my husband and myself. The only thing that remains of the original 1881 home is the foundation/frame! This is a beautiful apartment in a great neighborhood with friendly (quiet!) neighbors. Well insulated with new natural gas boiler and modern radiators which provide warm, efficient heat.
1 hour from Portland International Airport, and 1 hour from the coast. It is a 5 minute drive to I-95, Maine General Hospital, Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care, University of Maine Augusta (UMA), and the State House. A straight 30 minute drive up Northern Ave/West River Rd takes you to Waterville which is home to Thomas College, Colby College, and Inland Hospital. A 10 minute walk takes you to the local Farmer's Market (April - November) and the thriving downtown Water Street area with it's restaurants/pubs/micro-brewery and shops. The Kennebec River is just down the hill (you can see it through the trees from the porch) with a walking path, petanque court and kayak/canoe launch. Up Northern Avenue is a free public pool, new playground, and 2 Pickleball Courts.
• 2 bedrooms with large closets and ceiling fans.
• 1 full bathroom with washer and dryer hook-up. Bathroom with modern radiator towel rack - toasty towels this winter!
• Spacious kitchen with ceiling fan and plenty of counter space. Brand new: cabinets, butcher block island, and stainless steel appliances.
• Dining Room/Sunroom - Ceiling fan plus 5 large, southwest facing windows bring all day light.
• Cozy Living Room with ceiling fan and coat closet.
• Large 3-Season Porch with 2 walls of east/south facing windows.
• New brick walkway surrounded by newly planted landscape (next spring I will be planting an herb/perennial garden right beside the walkway). I have a green thumb... you will always be surrounded by flowers!
This is an open-concept, VERY bright and cheery apartment with loving details throughout. Be the first to live here and enjoy this re-designed, restored gem. We are looking forward to sharing this apartment with you. Welcome to your new home!
Nitty Gritty: NO Smoking or drug use allowed in or outside - that means no smoking on the property anywhere! No cats, but we may consider a small dog with a $250 security deposit.
Credit and background checks PLUS a non-refundable application fee of $29. First month plus $2,000 security. Annual income divided by 40 must be at least equal to rent. Flexible Leases with 3 month minimum. Apply online by visiting Zillow or serious inquiries can call, text, or email Karen (see contact information above).
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers