PM Cook nights and weekends. Call to schedule your interview today!
QR Code Link to This Post
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of the position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
1. Prepare and serve all food items and meals in accordance with planned menus and recipes ensuring all meals and food prepared are palatable and appetizing. Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties, events, etc.
2. Inspect special diet requests and orders to assure that the correct diet is being served.
3. Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served. Make only authorized food substitutions and consult with and advise Culinary Services Director on menu changes.
4. Prepare food and serve in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as with established policies and procedures. Reports any incidents or infractions to Culinary Services Director.
5. Ensure that food storage areas are clean and properly arranged at all times.
6. Obtain and maintain a valid Serv Safe/Food Handler’s permit.
7. Assist, when requested, in the purchasing of food and supplies. Ensure that stock levels of staple/non-staple food, supplies, equipment, etc., are maintained at adequate levels at all times. Work closely with the Culinary Services Director in specifying and selecting food products.
8. Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
9. Properly label, date and store all food leftovers.
10. Check in all purchases in absence of Culinary Services Director. Assist in
inventory and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc. as necessary.
11. Assist in serving meals as necessary on a timely basis.
12. Open or close kitchen as dictated by department scheduling.
13. Record temperatures of coolers and freezers as required by company policy.
14. In the absence of the Culinary Services Director, ensures all staff arrive and/or
depart at scheduled times as posted.
15. Responsible for all cleaning items assigned to this position, as posted on
daily/weekly checklist and those assigned by Culinary Services Director.
16. Ensure that the next day’s items are in stock and pulled and thawing under
refrigeration as dictated by the menus.
17. Prepare soups, appetizers, entrees, vegetables, side dishes, and desserts for both
the regular and special diets for the residents, as well as the meals served to the
staff and all special events requiring food service.
18. Plan the timing of food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that
quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
19. Maintain control over meal portions and food consistency. Estimate food
requirements and controls serving portions thereby eliminating waste and
leftovers. Responsible for the safe storage and efficient use of all items within the
20. Responsible for set-up of carts to be delivered to resident dining areas.
21. Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families and visitors.
22. Provide support to community’s marketing efforts through positive/friendly
interaction during all property tours and telephone contact with the public, and as
directed by a supervisor.
23. Communicate any observed or suspected resident change of condition to a
24. Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents and guests,
following established safety standards.
25. Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other
26. Support a positive and professional image through actions and dress.
27. Performs other duties consistent with the position as assigned by the Culinary