compensation: Please submit salary or hourly requirements with application/resume. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Cooking School Lead Prep is responsible for ensuring our guests receive an outstanding experience that is both educational and entertaining. Instruct cooking classes, and support guest chef and in-house instructors while maintaining a safe, orderly, sanitized kitchen.
1. Work closely with the Cooking School Chef Instructor to create profitable, interesting menus for classes.
2. Direct and supervise Cooking School Prep Assistants while preparing recipes for class. Demonstrate proper safe food handling techniques, and hold others accountable for doing the same.
3. Assist with visiting and in-house instructors during class while supervising the execution of food service to our guests.
4. Serve as a role model for Cooking School associates by making the guest experience the priority and utilizing G.U.E.S.T guidelines each and every shift.
5. Place food and supply orders as directed.
6. Receive product by verifying invoice and freshness of product.
7. Assist in overseeing wages and food costs to budgetary requirements.
Education, Experience and Skills:
1 .Culinary training or 2 years of working in food preparation.
2. Comfortable speaking before a large group while providing hands on cooking demonstration.
3. Professional communication (written and oral) skills along with professional attitude and appearance.
4. Good organization skills and ability to effectively solve problems.
5. Basic math skills
6. Awareness of local, state, federal health and sanitation laws, with Serv Safe certification a plus.
7. Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer and knives.
8. Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
9. Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. on occasion, climb ladders, bend, reach, squat, kneel, twist and stand for several hours a day.
Part Time/ Seasonal Position
It's a sweet place to work!
To apply, click on the "Reply" box above or forward your resume including salary requirements to:
2 Stonewall Lane
York, ME 03909
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers