compensation: Based on experience employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Roscoe's Bed + Bark is a dog daycare in Portland, Maine with the mission to make Portland a better place to be a dog lover. Our goal is to provide loving, transparent service to our clients while simplifying their busy lives.
We're looking for motivated, team oriented pet lovers who are interested in furthering their careers in the animal care industry! The ideal candidate for our team will be professional, dedicated to the hard work of providing a safe and fun environment for dogs 24/7/365, and interested in ample opportunities to grow with a young company. We're looking for both full and part time candidates who are willing to work weekends, overnight, holidays, and in inclement weather.
Key responsibilities include:
• Supervising dog daycare playgroups, providing a safe and fun environment for all dogs.
• Forging individual relationships with dogs to better understand their personalities, behavior, and the play groups in which they'd best be happy and successful.
• Cleaning up after dogs, maintaining a clean and professional atmosphere.
• Providing baths and nail trims for our clients as needed.
• Overnight supervision of dogs boarding in our private suites and crate free environments.
• Attending and completing additional training and certification throughout the year.
• The above list of job duties is not exhaustive and the employee will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
• Ability to align with, demonstrate, and reinforce our core values of love, transparency, and simplicity.
• Passion for animals.
• Unendingly reliable, hardworking and efficient, and a team player.
• Desire to work in a professional, positive, fast-paced, team-based environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively in a dynamic environment.
• Willing and able to work weekends, overnight, holidays, and during inclement weather.
• Access to reliable transportation.
• Ability to stand for several hours at a time.
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to pass a background check.
• Though not required, preference will be given to those who have professional experience with animals.
• High school diploma or GED required, additional education preferred.
• Competitive pay
• Health insurance
• Paid vacation
• Bring your dog to work
• Ongoing professional development opportunities
• Discounts on merchandise and services
Our commitment to making Portland a better place to be a dog lover starts with our team. We believe we have the best team in town, made up of awesome, hard-working, passionate animal care professionals. We strive to make Roscoe's an amazing place to work, and in return we expect the best from everyone every day.
Check us out online to learn more about Roscoe's Bed + Bark! Interested candidates should email a paragraph expressing why they'd be a great fit for the Roscoe's Bed + Bark team, with resume and references attached. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers