favorite this postLuke's Lobster's Seafood Company Seeks Logistics Technician! (Saco, ME)hide this posting
compensation: $13-$15/hour plus benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This position is responsible and accountable for the accurate preparation of seafood product shipments and receptions, as well as accurate packaging, storing, and record keeping of new products generated by Cape Seafood. The position is also responsible and accountable for the accuracy of all paperwork associated with production processes and/or the duties described below. This job will require an individual to think on their feet so they can accomplish tasks and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner. Your success will depend on your ability to learn the right and efficient ways to handle the jobs set before you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the team to pack and ship the product orders onto trucks. Product lot codes and weights tracking are required from start to finish in this process.
• Create Bills of Ladings (BOLs) for each shipment and ensure that there is no variance from the orders to be shipped. The BOL must represent and account for exactly what is being shipped every time.
Conduction of Thawing Procedure
• Work with the team to prepare seafood products for thawing as needed by customer orders, getting the necessary product types and amounts thawed to fulfill the order request. This will require basic math to calculate how many cases and partial cases are required for thawing.
• Learn and execute entire product thawing process, from pulling product from freezers, to packing it on ice once thawing is complete, to writing the BOL for the shipment. Again, weights and lot codes must be accounted for from beginning to end in this process. It will be the responsibility of the person(s) handling product to note the lot codes and weights either in designated logs or on BOLs.
Inventory Control Process
• Verify that product taken from the freezers matches what was expected for shipment (thawed and/or frozen product on orders).
• Take care to account for product received accurately. If the received Bill of Lading is illegible, count the product and submit it alongside the original Bill of Lading.
• Assist in inventory counts for products held in Cape Seafood's freezers.
• Record all new products generated in the daily Labeling Log, broken down by product type, product lot code, and total weight.
Logistics In-House Duties
• Take initiative to sweep and clean the entire shipping area and outside loading dock in the afternoons or during lulls. Remove all trash from shipping area as well as outside shipping dock.
• Continue to perform other logistics duties as needed, such as operating a forklift to move pallets of product and to help with emptying recycling and garbage bins.
• Observe best practices for quality control as a priority - Paperwork, BOLs, deadlines, etc.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Be able to perform the job physically. Ability to lift 50-60 lbs repeatedly throughout the mornings while shipments are prepared.
• Must fulfill each job duty above satisfactorily and efficiently.
• Ability to work in temperatures of 40 - 100 degrees F, damp / wet environments
• Must be reliable and show up to work routinely and on time
• Be able to commit to a noon to 7-8:30pm schedule.
Education and/or Experience:
• Prior experience writing BOLs and working in a shipping/receiving role
• Prior experience driving a forklift
• Prior experience working in the perishable food industry
• Strong comprehension of basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• 2-year degree or relevant vocational school a plus
Other Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to work evening shifts or night shifts as required by the job.
• Basic computer skills
About the Company
Luke's was founded in 2009 in New York's East Village by a lobsterman-turned-investment banker named Luke. Since then it has grown to over 25 "shacks" along the East Coast from Maine to Florida, in addition to Las Vegas and Chicago, and is supported by the seafood company in Saco, Maine that processes year-round. The corporate culture is fun and high energy while remaining professional. Open communication top to bottom is highly valued.
Compensation and Benefits
While we are looking to hire for a full-time position the hours may vary depending on production (so potential for some shorter days where there is no production).
• Competitive pay based on a full-time schedule plus any applicable overtime;
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage through a Cigna national PPO plan;
• Vacation and sick time;
• Low asset-fee 401k plan with company match (after 1 year of employment);
• Opportunity for bonus
Please send an updated resume and a brief introduction to:
Luke's Lobster is a participant of Everify.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers