HAVE YOU LOST OR FOUND A CAT?
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a network of volunteers sharing information to reunite lost and found cats with their loving homes. WHETHER YOU HAVE LOST A BELOVED CAT OR FOUND A LOST CAT - PLEASE GO TO OUR FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/MaineLostCatRecovery to post a missing or "found" cat. THIS IS A FREE COMMUNITY SERVICE!
In the meantime, the essential things you must do are:
1. File a "Lost Cat Report" with your local shelter - By state law, SHELTERS ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO HOLD HEALTHY, FIXED CATS FOR 48 HOURS ! THEN CATS ARE PUT UP FOR ADOPTION. Once adopted, the cat belongs to the new owners.
2. Next call the local Animal Control Office and report your missing cat (do not assume the ACO will call the shelter! You must file your own Lost Cat Report.)
3. Call any local rescue groups
4. Make a thorough search of the area - best time is at night. Bring a flashlight and check sheds, garages, under porches - anywhere a missing cat could be hiding or trapped!
5. Quickly hang at least at least 100+ posters beginning in a 1 - 2 mile radius of where your pet has gone missing. If there are no calls with sighting, you need to extend the flyer radius.
Flyers should be simple, brightly colored with a clear photograph, including essential information, and phone number in LARGE PRINT!!! They should be hung visibly on telephone poles, intersections, community service organizations and anywhere they will be highly visible.
Please visit our page for more valuable search information. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FACEBOOK ACCESS PLEASE REPLY TO US VIA EMAIL WITH A PHOTO AND ESSENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PET AND WE WILL POST IT FOR YOU.
We wish you a safe and happy reunion with your pet!