compensation: $12-15/hour, DOE employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Therapeutic care farm and farm animal rescue is looking for someone with working experience caring for large farm animals. This person would be responsible for providing appropriate food, housing, and basic medical treatments for up to 75 animals including, but not limited to farm and potbelly pigs, sheep, goats, llamas, chickens, and turkeys.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Weekday morning feed and water all animals
• Daily clean-out of all shelters
• Keep track food and supplies and re-order as needed
• Assist with routine health checks, hoof and nail trims, and administration of parasite treatments and medications as needed
• Assist with farm maintenance tasks as needed
• Keep farm and shelter areas clean and presentable, maintaining a welcoming and accommodating space for animals and visitors
• Work with volunteers and other farm assistants
• Part-time, 20 hours/week, hourly paid position DOE
• Morning weekday hours (M-F) are required; additional hours are optional
• 18 years or older
• Valid driver's license
• GED, High School diploma or higher education
• Must have farm and large animal care experience
• Must be able to follow detailed instructions and work well with others
• Must be able to lift and carry 40-50lb bags of grain
• Should have reliable transportation and a strong desire and ability to work outside in all weather conditions
This is a farm animal caretaker position at a rescue and therapy farm (not an animal farming situation). Must be an animal lover and sensitive to the needs of vulnerable people and animals in our community.
Email for more info. Please include details about yourself and your farm and/or large animal care experiences.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers