Schochet is currently seeking a Resident Services Coordinator.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of families in affordable/low-income housing? Can you work one-on-one with our residents to identify needs and coordinate services? Does developing relationships with community partners to bring in programs and resources that educate and engage sound exciting? Do you want to help plan events that build community and promote well-being? We have an incredible job opportunity for YOU!
Danforth Heights is a family apartment community located in Portland, ME.
Duties/Skills include but not limited to:
1. The RSC works as a team alongside the resident services staff, property management team, residents, volunteers and community partners.
2. Connecting our residents to services is a primary duty of the RSC. This includes intake, education (services available and application procedures), and referrals to service providers in the general community. Some examples of service topics are home management support, financial assistance, counseling (mental health and substance use disorders), insurance, access to public benefits and food assistance.
3. The RSC establishes onsite wellness programs and events through relationships with community partners and/or utilizing the RSC programming budget. Topics can range from having celebrations that prevent isolation and build community to lectures on health topics and general wellbeing, such as fraud prevention or computer classes.
4. Advocate, organize, problem-solve to obtain results for residents.
5. Establish relationships with agencies and service providers in the community who will provide direct services to residents.
6. Bilingual in Somali a plus, but not required.
Come join our team that offers over 50 years of encouraging growth and employee retention! The Schochet Companies offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, 401k and more available on your first day. All new employees accrue 3 weeks of vacation per year, 12 paid holidays, 5 sick days, 3 personal days per year and many other great perks.
Please submit resume to: email@example.com or fax 617-830-0373. Pre-employment background check & drug test required. EOE
For more information on this position please contact Robin @ 617-398-5144. www.schochet.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.