STRUCTURAL SPECIALIST II
Atlantic Structural is a leader in the structural repair, leveling and building elevation business in Maine. We are growing and have work scheduled into 2025. There is considerable room for career advancement.
The Structural Specialist II is a unique entry-level access to the Structural Services Industry. Within your first 12-months as a Structural Specialist II at Atlantic Structural, you will have worked extensively with our Project Manager to develop solid carpentry and general construction skills suited specifically to the building preservation / repair field. With active on-the-job training, you will have learned how to identify and assess structural load paths within most buildings, learned how address those using relevant engineering nomenclature while formulating a plan with our Project Manager for repairs. Within each plan for repairs, you will have learned how evaluate appropriate methods, materials and tools for the job as well as the skills to anticipate project needs while collaborating with your team to accomplish those objectives. The Specialist is at the center of the most important work we perform and career advancement is expected. This position is eligible for additional education, in-service certifications and tuition reimbursement.
- Be a professional, honest and trust worthy ambassador of Atlantic Structural, yourself, and your colleagues;
- Learn to identify, document and address scope and extent of structural defects;
- Collaborate with your team to assess findings and develop effective repair strategies;
- Perform carpentry-based repair tasks, with precision and attention to detail;
- Create templates for in-house fabrication of steel mending plates, gussets and other structural bracketry;
- Install formwork, piers, columns, shear support, capitals, various scarf joints and other structural operations;
- Select and install appropriate fasteners utilizing best-practices;
- Work closely with the lifting team to ensure the safe and proper elevation of buildings;
- Maintain a high level of craftsmanship and adherence to company performance standards;
- Ensure adherence to safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work area.
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Carpenter, or Carpenter's Helper;
- Strong knowledge of carpentry tools and materials;
- Spatial awareness and the ability to envision the integration of our work into existing building elements;
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation;
- no smoking or use of cannabis on our projects;
- Ability to pass a background check;
We offer a very competitive compensation package with profit sharing based on experience and merit.
This position reports to the Project Manager, who will provide needed guidance and support through training and development. You will learn from experienced professionals.
If you are a Carpenter, a Carpenter desiring new skills or a Carpenter's Helper who is looking for an opportunity to solve problems while developing your expertise, we hope you'll consider joining the Atlantic Structural team.
Are encouraged to apply.
EEOE - We will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, sexual orientation, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or because such person is a recipient of federal, state, or local public assistance, or a United States military veteran. We advance and compensate solely on the basis of merit.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.