compensation: Industry Leading Benefits! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO RECEIVE AS A DEAD RIVER DELIVERY DRIVER:
Home every night
Highly competitive pay - paid weekly
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with match
Work Uniforms & Boot allowance
Industry Leading Benefits for full-time drivers
Paid time off & paid holidays for full-time drivers
Openings at several locations in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM OUR DEAD RIVER DELIVERY DRIVERS:
Minimum of 1-year experience as a driver
Good driving record and CDL
Hazmat endorsement preferred, not required
Strong customer focus and attention to detail
Confidence making deliveries in all weather conditions
Flexibility to work Saturdays during the heating season
A focus on Safety!
If you have interest in joining a company with a long history of stability and growth, please contact us immediately at 1-844-45DRIVE!
Safely, efficiently, and courteously delivers petroleum products to residential and commercial customers. The Delivery Driver position reports to the Delivery Driver Manager and is responsible for delivering petroleum products to residential and commercial customers. The responsibilities of this position will be carried out with particular attention to maintaining customer property and representing Dead River Company in accordance with the Dead River Company pledges and guarantees and co-worker guarantees.
1. Performs a safety check of the delivery vehicle on a daily basis reporting any items needing repair.
2. Safely and productively reviews daily manifest, loads truck, and makes deliveries according to federal and state regulations and company policy.
3. Follows all established delivery standards with emphasis on customer service, efficiency and productivity.
4. Attends and takes an active role in delivery driver meetings (huddles).
5. Effectively communicates with Delivery Center dispatchers and routing specialists. Proactively reports any customer concerns encountered or other problems encountered.
6. Maintains a neat personal appearance including a clean uniform.
7. Attains a thorough understanding and becomes a proficient user of the Raven handheld device.
8. Promotes good customer relations by professionally interacting with all customers and by respecting customer property.
9. In accordance with Dead River Company pledges and guarantees, maintains a clean and organized truck stocked with appropriate tools and safety equipment. Takes responsibility for adhering to truck safety standards.
10. Participates in night and weekend on-call schedule.
11. Primes furnaces for customers who are out of oil or performs leak test and lights pilot for customers who are out of propane.
12. Embraces growth opportunities that involve cross-training or supporting other departments as needed.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Drivers frequently deal with customers and other employees (dispatchers, service technicians, other drivers, and office personnel). These interactions will be timely to allow for appropriate follow through. Drivers will show empathy where appropriate. Customer comments and concerns will be directed to relevant parties to permit timely follow through from relevant parties.
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Delivery drivers must be at least 21 years of age. At least one year of previous truck driving experience is preferred.
Certification and Testing:
Class B Commercial Drivers License with hazardous materials endorsement is required.
CETP training and certification is required to deliver propane.
Apprentice oil burner license is required for oil delivery drivers who prime furnaces.
All delivery drivers must be able to pass a D.O.T. physical.
All delivery drivers are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
Delivery vehicle and hose/nozzle, loading rack, priming equipment, wrenches, safety equipment (glasses, gloves, hard hat, shovel, speedy dry), and chock blocks.
The driver makes decisions regarding route planning and whether to make a delivery based on safety issues and weather concerns. Other decisions are made with input from appropriate office or dispatch personnel. Drivers are also expected to decide on the appropriate administrative, service or delivery personnel to direct customer concerns encountered in the field.
Safety considerations relate to safe operation of the delivery truck and the safe transfer of petroleum products from the delivery vehicle to the customer’s tank. Any accidents, spills, overfills, or wrong deliveries are immediately reported to the employee’s supervisor.
Other Attributes Required:
This position requires dependability, commitment to exceptional customer service, ability to work independently, the desire to work as part of a team and a thorough understanding of the Dead River Company brand promise guarantees and pledges.
About 50% of the time is spent working outside making deliveries in all weather conditions. Temperatures can vary from below zero to above 90 degrees, depending on the time of year. Since the job involves the delivery of liquid petroleum products there is exposure to fumes from these products. There is exposure to moderate truck and pump noise and vibration while driving.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
• The position requires frequent standing, walking, and sitting.
• There is occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing.
• There is frequent use of the hands/arms to reach, feel, handle, or pull.
• There is frequent communication involving both talking and listening.
Weight or Force Moved:
Drivers must be able to pull a delivery hose (a weight of up to 75 lbs. - up to 150 feet an average of 30 times daily). Occasionally the employee is asked to help move heavier objects weighing in excess of 75 lbs.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers