ecomaine, a Quasi-Municipal organization that operates a Waste-to-Energy facility, a Recycling facility and a Landfill in the Portland, Maine area seeks an experienced professional to serve as Truck Driver.
This position coordinates and monitors the removal of residue, including the monitoring and inspection of ash removal equipment, and may perform preventive maintenance of the related equipment and facility. Performs a variety of services at ecomaine facilities, including equipment maintenance and maintenance and cleanliness of the buildings and grounds.
- Maintains a high standard of job requirements and works under general supervision
- Makes out clear and accurate reports on equipment and residuals disposal and writes other reports as required
- Monitors residuals loading activities to maintain an effective operation
- Performs inspections of equipment, building, and grounds, carries out the work necessary depending on the findings, and reports them to the Supervisor or his/her designee as company and/or regulations require
- Maintains job responsibilities to ensure safe and smooth operations of their task
- Performs various cleaning and laborer activities and assists Operations as assigned
- Operates all plant equipment as assigned and performs general labor duties
- Flexible with schedule and hours worked to perform maintenance and filling of vacancies
- Performs minor maintenance, including preventative and emergency maintenance, of vehicles and residuals disposal systems as required
- 2 years experience in the operation of heavy equipment including front-end loaders
- Minimum of 1 year experience in mechanical maintenance
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver's License with the ability to obtain tank endorsement within his/her probationary period, must be insurable under company policy.
- Ability to lead and participate in semi-skilled tasks that may involve considerable physical exertion for periods of time and under varying conditions
- Solid knowledge in plant equipment operation and requirements
- Ability to maintain records and reports of activities as required; including: equipment maintenance, operating logs, regulatory agencies
- Ability to perform and follow an effective Job Safety Analysis prior to each job
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
ecomaine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers