The NAPLS study is looking for adolescents or young adults (ages 12-30) with the following concerns that have begun or worsened in the past year:
• Hearing things other people can't hear like voices of people whispering or talking.
• Mistaking noises for voices or messages
• Being confused at times whether something you experienced was real or imaginary.
• Seeing things that other people apparently can't see.
• Seeing special meanings in advertisements, shop windows, or in the way things are arranged around you.
• Having had the sense that some person or force is around you, even though you could not see anyone.
Participation includes in-depth clinical assessments and monitoring over 2 years. Eligible participants will be asked to come in for various assessments, including clinical interviews, cognitive testing, MRI scans, EEG, saliva collections, and blood draws. Compensation for completing all study procedures will be $2,130. You may also be eligible for other services.
Our study team evaluates each participant's clinical status during assessments and, when indicated, makes recommendations and referrals for treatment, including to our affiliated CEDAR clinic (www.cedarclinic.org).